The Library service aims to offer an equitable service to all its users. The purpose of this guide is to highlight the additional services and resources which are available to support library users who have any additional needs, such as a physical disability, visual impairment, dyslexia or dyspraxia, a hearing impairment or a hidden disability such as diabetes or a mental health problem.
- Wheelchair access
- Height adjustable chairs and tables
- Low issue desks
- Book retrieval service. Staff are happy to assist library users who cannot reach higher shelves
- Postal loans. Once you are registered with the library, books can be sent to you in the post
- Telephone and Online Renewal Service. Books can be renewed and reserved from home either by telephone or via the online catalogue at www.base-library.nhs.uk
- Extended Loans - if you have difficulties reading books in the time allowed, you may be able to extend the loan period
- Individual library induction and training sessions can be arranged on request. Please see contact details overleaf
- Coloured overlay film and paper for library users with dyslexia and visual stress problems, available in a variety of colours
- Magnifier/Reading Aid available to borrow
- Library guides can be printed on different coloured background or enlarged on request
- Keyboards with large coloured keys
- Digital voice recorders available for loan for a deposit.